February 3, 2012

A visit to Grandpa Dee - Fuji FP-3000B







The day after I got back from Maui FIND, my wife, me, all six kids and my sister and brother in law got in our passenger van and drove from Salt Lake to Yuba City, CA to visit my wife's grandfather for his 86th birthday. It may indeed be the last time he sees all his great grand kids, if not his grand kids.

If you are a photographer, even if you are not, go pick up your camera and go photograph your elders. One day, your kids will thank you.

4 comments:

caught the light said...

Whoa! Way to make me well up on a Friday night. Gosh, Canlas thank you for that. Utterly beautiful heirlooms. And I love your little girl's cute dimples.

Rob Oresteen said...

Well done and well said, JC. :)

tim coulson said...

Yeah, man. Thanks for the motivation.

Sarah said...

I'm sure he was thrilled with your visit. I love the photos, and memories. Makes me miss my Gramps. You're awesome. The.End.