May 5, 2009

Singapore - Lomo LC-A

























I love this camera. It totally showed how it felt to be in Singapore. Being so tired and not adjusting to the time change, it being a big blur from constantly going non-stop every day, the expressions on people's faces (not many smiles, I'll tell you that). The flight there and the flight back is something I would not wish on my mortal enemy (if I had one). 27 hours on a plane makes my ankles swell up like a pregnant lady. And for someone my size, American Airlines is a cruel, cruel way to fly. However, Japan air? Man, that was the best thing ever. They were so nice, constantly making sure you were comfortable, hydrated (YUZU juice!!!), and fed. It was night and day when you get on to American where they seemed put out if you ask them for a cup of water since they have not brought anything to you in 5 hours...

I heart Singapore.

More individual posts coming from a Hasselblad, Holga and the Contax. I don't travel light.

Fancy a moody print for your wall or desk or maybe even your bathroom? You can get some HERE.

7 comments:

bonnie tsang said...

Man, I'm loving the captures; nothing better than shooting street life. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love Japanese airlines as well...best airline good beside Cathay Pacific airlines business class meal :)

Whitney Hardie said...

It feels like Singapore is stuck in a timewarp.

Weird. Cool shots.

amanda said...

american flights are the worst. they treat you like garbage and expect you to want to fly their crappy planes for a $5 can of pringles that really should cost 50 cents.

i love these pictures. are singaporeans unhappy because they have so many rules?

Carol =) said...

i'm from singapore.. and these shots capture so much. the tired people, the lack of smiles, the forgotten and the replaced.
it is a land full of laughter too, though seeing these shots at this particular moment really got me. thanks for letting the real emotions show. =)

Jonathan Canlas said...

dah! rachel, my fat fingers accidentally deleted your comment on my google phone INSTEAD OF PUBLISHING IT!

Jonathan Canlas said...

my fat fingers deleted:

"love all the movement and rawness in this images. street photos rule. great job!"

- Rachel Thurston