December 31, 2014

Estevan Oriol - Last post of 2014































I thought about doing a year end post with a summary of my favorite images from all the shoots I did this year but I axed that idea. Instead I'm posting one of the coolest things to happen to me in 2014. I was able to meet up with Estevan Oriol, who is my living photography idol, via Instagram And not only was I able to take his portrait (career goal - CHECK), but hang out with him and all these amazing peeps at the RVCA house at Pipeline. I even got to meet Barcalive who ran for the mayor of Kauai earlier this year (lost but still). If you don't know Estevan, well, this video below will familiar you with who he is, what he does, and why I respect him so much not only as a photographer, but as a person too.

Estevan Oriol — "Run Up" Profile from Stas on Vimeo.


So here is to the upcoming 2015. Meeting more career goals and unknown dreams. There are so many new paths and possibilities on the horizon with FILM IS NOT DEAD behind me. It's like I have a whole blank canvas to start with. At the end of every year, if you told me all the things I was able to shoot, see, experience that whole year up to Dec 31st on Jan 1st of that year, I'd never believe you. I'd probably laugh right in your face at eh sheer ludicrous sound of it all. But each year, it just seems to get better and better. Don't get me wrong, there are downs, and big ones. Ones you don't ever read about or see. The struggle is real. And knock on wood, but I have a feeling 2015 is going to be something out of a dream. I'm so thankful for this talent known as photography and how it has blessed my family and my life. It is truly crazy to think about what has become from a gal named Eriko lending me her Canon AE-1 back in 1995.

ALSO, thank you, no mahalo nui loa to you, the reader, as well. If it was not for you, I'd not be where I am today. That is for sure. May both of our 2015's be brighter than we could ever imagine.

1 comment:

sharibug said...

You are gifted to be a photographer in the same way your father was gifted to be a surgeon. So grateful for your talent also.