June 13, 2014

Callie's 35th Birthday...


























In Hawaii, on March 26th, every year, it is a state holiday. Also known as Prince Kuhio Day. He is celebrated as the man who gave back over 200,000 acres of land back to native Hawaiians. It also happens to be Callie's birthday as well. For the rest of our lives here in Hawaii, Callie's birthday will be a state holiday. I think that is awesome.

Almost as awesome as Callie finally letting me take her photo. If you follow this blog, you'll know, you don't see many photos of Callie. That is not my choice. She does not like getting in front of the camera. But on her 35th birthday, she decided to let me take some photos and the results have convinced her to making it a point to have it happen more often :).

So, here are the first of many of my sweet Callie...

Oh, and the shot of me, taken by Callie herself :).

2 comments:

katherine said...

a face without freckles is like a sky without stars.

all of your work is so beautiful, but i enjoy most the way you capture your own family. inspires me for sure.

Shauna said...

BEAUTIFUL....love!