July 7, 2012

My life, and pushing the boundaries...






















This is our life. Unedited. Morning hair, morning breath, toys strewn everywhere, bribing kids with tv to let me take their photo, half dressed kids, summer time. I would not change a bit of it.

All taken on a Leica M6 with a 35mm 1.4 Voigtlander lens on Kodak Tri-X metered internally. I can thank Joey Early and Ozzy Garcia for the Leica bug I caught...

How am I pushing my boundaries? I'm shooting a range finder, shooting only BW, and shooting only horizontally. And it feels off, but amazing all at once. Expect to see more of this from me soon...

10 comments:

Paul Gero said...

Love these...

And so glad to see you pushing those boundaries...

That little 35 is a nice piece of glass...nice look to these frames...

Leicas are just a gift from heaven...analogue ones, that is.. ;-)


Paul

Unknown said...

very beautiful and very moving.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and very moving. Thanks, Jonathan!
Florence

Linda said...

beautifully done. This really takes me back to being a kid, hanging out at home with my brothers. Loving your point of view.

Unknown said...

Love these timeless family photos. So classic, and such a beautiful family.

Jonathan Desmond said...

Lovely images! Occasionally I switch cameras on fun shoots or personal photoshoots just to get the Swiss cheese rolling again. My main cameras are 35 and 645 format, but occasionally the 6x6 and sometimes even point and shoots come out! :)

Fiona said...

Dammmmmmmn loving living and children!!!! Awesome sauce!!! Love them all!!!

Sharna said...

Gorgeous! I struggle with the horizontal photos. I just might have to try this out..

Ozzy Garcia said...

Thank you for sharing!!

CountryMouse said...

so busy. I love the 'natural' shots of you family life.