December 6, 2011

Pushing myself out of my comfort zone...







If you follow this blog, you know I don't shoot much horz. Nor do I shoot much BW, slow shutter speeds and rarely am I shooting ranger finder cameras. Well, I picked a camera that does nothing but push me out of my comfort zone. It is a Mamiya 7II. It is a medium format rangefinder that is 6x7. The way the camera is built, it just is made for horz shots. And for some reason, I just feel compelled to run BW film through it. Here are the first fruits of my labors with this one. Expect more coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you chose wisely and a awesome start to a new love affair I'm sure,keep it up...

ryan hoffman photography said...

These are excellent. I wouldn't remotely suspect that you are out of your comfort zone by shooting horizontally. I think your horizontal images are every bit as good as your vertical images. Also, I like this quote on the subject:

"It is hard for me to frame subjects in a vertical format...the eye sees horizontally....a vertical image by its nature is going to be a formal photograph." - Annie Leibovitz, At Work

Melinda said...

I am excited to see more images from this camera from you!

Aryan said...

Man, like them all. You are doing a great job with horizontal shots as well :)