February 29, 2008

Laie HI

I am sitting here on the lanai of the house we are renting for the workshop staring out over the ocean.

Somehow, me, my wife, my mom and all 4 of our kids made it here safely and all in one piece without loosing anything to the North Shore of Oahu.

I have not been here in a couple years and was a bit nervous about the locations I had predetermined for the shoots we are going to do.

Well, the 45 minute drive from Honolulu to Laie reminded me that anywhere we shoot is going to be amazing. I can't explain how beautiful it is here (photos to follow).

I will try and blog (text only - film is a bit slow as there is no instant gratifcation) daily while we are here.

I am so grateful to the attendees who are coming. I am giddy to meet them all and start on Monday and get all geeky about technical info etc. I promise this will be a phenomenal all around experience.

I love the spirit of Aloha. Until tomorrow...

10 comments:

heidizinha said...

rub it in, won't you?

Timothy Uhl said...

We're jealous! Laie is one of our favorite spots in the world.

Say hi to Holly Reed for me!

-Tim

Jill said...

I can't wait to hear about it.

ec said...

ooh...i'm green with envy. looking forward to hearing about the week from you and kim at simply you.

have fun!!

Anonymous said...

oh. nice photo.

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice blog.

amanda said...

jon, will you ever host another one of these in the future? i am, obviously, not an experienced photographer but would love to learn to take better pictures. can someone amateur go to one of these? would being filipina be my in?

anna banana said...

Hi jon! I love to check out your site periodically and see what you are into. I havent been on in awhile and loved seeing all about your seminar and your webazine is great. Maybe sometime in the future I could make it to something like this of yours. What fun. Are you headed down to WPPI next week? You are awesome as always!

Cedric Anderson said...

i'm sure it is a site to behold. good thing you arre taking pics so the rest of us can enjoy it too.
~sarah

Jessica said...

I so wish that I was with you in your paradise doing your workshop! Instead I am stuck in the middle of a blizzard in Toronto. Blah!