January 3, 2008

Hello 2008, nice to meetcha...

2007 was definitely the best year of my life. So many things, places, people that made it into something absolutely fantastic. And you, you the reader I've probably never met, I thank you.

Sorry for the abscence of blogging. It has been a bit busy over here. I shot a last minute wedding on the 20th, then a shoot for Talisker, the wedding in San Diego on the 29th, and then almost shot this other wedding but it fell through. Oh, the one that got away...

Well reader, I am writing to let you know all is well and to let you know there will be another week or so of absence.

On Monday, my wife and I fly out to Argentina for a little over a week sans kids. What am I going to do in Argentina you ask? Your guess is as good as mine but I know it involves a couple cameras and a couple hundred rolls of film. It is going to be grand.

I will post copious amounts of photos when I return and I promise it will be totally worth the wait.

I will post the last weddings of 2007 in the next day or so (gotta get it up before I leave the country right?).

Here is to 2008, which from the looks of it has the potential of being even better than 2007, and that is saying quite a bit.

I love, love, love my job.

ps. I started a strict diet coupled with exercise oh, about 2 months or so ago, and I've lost 40.2 lbs. No more wedding cake for this fella. Here is to a thinner, 2008.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Let's be honest with ourselves.... from the looks of the Ok! cover picture I think you are the "photographer that got away". She obviously made the first big mistake of the marriage by not picking you. I have looked at many a wedding photographer website/blogs and you are still hands down the best in my book.

Good luck with everything in 2008!

Random note: Scott got a blood clot from knee surgery earlier this year and we were at the clinic getting his blood drawn and in a round about way figured out that they pharmacist looking at his blood was the father of the kid that designed your "Film is Not Dead" website. It's a small, small world.

Jonathan Canlas said...

It is a small, small world.

I hope all is well with the blood clot. That is totally scary because it can happen to ANYONE no matter how healthy or unhealthy you are.

I still to this day show your album here at the studio.

Jessica said...

Have a fabulous time in Argentina! Relax and enjoy a little time off. It is much deserved after creating so many fantastic images all year!!

Anna said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Enjoy your vacation.

P.S. Thanks to your inspiration, I got myself an army green Holga for Christmas.