November 15, 2007

Covey Birth Story - John Davis Covey - 11.12.2007 American Fork Hospital























































On Monday I was scheduled to speak up at Salt Lake Community College in the Photography Department. Needless to say, I had to reschedule.

My sister-in-law had her first child on Monday and she asked me to come photograph the birth.

3 Epidurals. The first one did not take. The second one hit a nerve and the third time was a charm.

The babies heart rate also kept dropping but everything went off without a hitch. John Davis Covey was born sometime around 4pm. 8lbs 1oz. With family and loved ones all around.

Congratulations Christine and John. You done good.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,
I have just seen the pictures. I can not express in words what these pictures mean to me. Thank you for being there and for so tastefully capturing such a sacred and beautiful time in Johnny and Christine's life. You have blessed our family in so many ways we are glad to be family with you and Callie.
Love,
Kathleen

serena grace said...

you captured it beautifully! and you didn't miss a thing...love that you captured such great details along with the big picture.

Anonymous said...

Your movement through the emotions and events of the day, was so incredibly powerful. It may seem trivial to post pictures of a clock or a cell phone call, but trust me - those are significant events that the mom will later forget! This work is beautiful and actually made me teary! Well done!!!

Sarah Q {photography for happy people} said...

Beautiful, Jon. What a lucky mama :)

Anonymous said...

oh my word, i love my family. these are so so cute. so is little johnny. i heart you all.

Unknown said...

Im in tears... these are beautiful!

tammy said...

Christine and Johnny, these pictures are priceless! What an incredible experience. Little Johnny will always know how many awaited his birth by the amount of people in that room. I don't think he'll be lacking in love. We couldn't be happier for you. Love, Tam and Joe

Theresa Felt said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for recording and sharing these miraculous moments. Love, Tracy

Dan said...

Awesome pics, I love your use of depth of field and nice framing. A lot of emotion is obviously enhanced.

Unknown said...

These are extremely beautiful! I wish that there had been someone like you to capture the miracles in our life. They will cherish these always! Wow.

Ron B said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you three!

Bishop Bartholomew

Natalie. said...

Amazing. Amazing. AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.