August 5, 2007

Film is not dead - North Shore HI - March 3rd-5th 2008

Ok, well, it is in the works. I am going to do a workshop. It is still very much in the planning stage of it all but here are the details as of now:

WHEN : Mar 3rd-5th 2008
WHERE : North Shore of Oahu HI
WHAT : Workshop focusing on the key aspects of weddings and portraiture, shooting FILM, and the business side of making art
WHO : The workshop is open to 12 attendees
COST : $1600 for the 3 days and includes breakfast/lunch

A ton more of information will be following in the next month. There will be a website up for the workshop coming in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you updated.

It is going to be absolutely amazing.

8 comments:

ed pingol said...

i'm totally there. count me and monica in.

nicole said...

do we have to be super familiar with film to attend?

Jonathan Canlas said...

Nicole, you don't have to be familiar with film but we will be shooting film the whole time there so a film camera is required. Details will go out later if you don't have one and how to go about getting one and which one. I will be going over a ton of details about this medium. I am going to not try and get everyone to shoot film. I don't want to change what you do I just want to give you more options so that in the case you want to add something to your arsenal, you can. Film is so not dead and I will show you why and most importantly, how.

Jonathan Canlas said...

We are happy to announce our first sponsor, Instaproofs!

Unknown said...

Very interested!

Amanda Sharp said...

hmmm...sounds very tempting!!! my husband and i never had a honeymoon...maybe we could travel to HI for the workshop and have a belated honeymoon...

Charo Donohue Photography said...

Hell or high water, I'm going to try my best to make this. I still have film cameras (check), I still remember and love film (check), and I spent the first twenty years of my life on the north shores of the islands (bonus). And I have family in Kailua! It's like I can hear the workshop calling my name. Do you hear it?

CHRISTINA DOMINGUES said...

I SO wanna go!