June 3, 2007

The whirlwind


Friday I shot Luke and Sydney's wedding up Mill Creek Canyon. I got back to my place around 10:30. I had my phone on silent so it would not ring during the reception/wedding.

Apparently, my wife had called 9 times. 9 times. For those that don't know, my wife is due June 20th and we have a scheduled c-section on the 18th as I am in town and I don't leave again until the 22nd. Anyway, she had been contracting for the last hour and was told to go to the hospital. So, I packed her bag and off we went to Orem Community Hospital.

We got there around 11:30pm. They hooked her up to a machine that would track how far the contractions were apart (3 minutes) and then check to see if she dilated at all. We called family and they all were there with us in the same room we were in almost 2 years ago with the twins. With soft tacos from Del Taco.

Needless to say after about 2 hours the contractions were still there but she had not dialted at all so they sent us home. Totally disappointing.

Its now 2:45 am. I have a flight that leaves at 6am from SLC to LAX. I pack up everything, tear down the gear from the wedding and put it all together. Sleep for 1 hour, get up and off the the airport.

Landed in LAX, got the rental car and my beloved Garmin got me to the temple in literally 18 minutes from LAX where I slept for 4 hours in the parking lot in my rental car listening to Hottt Lation 96fm.

Shot the wedding, reception ended at 5pm (AWESOME). Went straight to my hotel, crashed and got up at 5am to catch my flight at 8am. Needless to say, I don't like flying United. Small planes and large dudes with big camera bags equal to squished people sitting next to me. Though, Estaban Ochoa, who sat next to me on the ride home, was not that squished as I think was 5 foot 1 if that and very small.

I am home and its all a daze. Kind of like the fog in San Fran from last weeks wedding...

Lulu Briggs can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

ed pingol said...

crazy

Anonymous said...

but dude, you so wouldn't give it up for a minute. I know I wouldn't. Happy baby thoughts.