January 9, 2007

My new favorite film













I got back the last of a wedding I shot on the 29th. I shot a ton of this new B&W film I used to use. I used to shoot the Kodak 3200 TMZ but it never EVER looked as pretty as this stuff. I love the high grain it has and just the classic wedding look to it all. The best part of it all is that because its such high speed film, I NEVER need or use a flash. So, during the reception or whatever, when Uncle Bob with his profressional digital outfit comes up to me and asks how are you taking pictures in here its so dark??? I get to tell him its high speed film, 3200 ISO which only causes him more confusion because he can't remember what film was.

Why am I so proud of these images? They were shot in an LDS church building which if you don't know already, have a really bad reputation of looking HORRIBLE due to the fact that it is well, a basketball court/gymnasium. The bride did an amazing job of making it not look like a basketball court whatsoever with the design and layout. She had these tapesties hanging, lights everywhere, and Christmas trees in every corner. From the picts, you'd never guess this was Grandpa's Stake Center (it was in Provo near the Temple). Hats off to Laura. It seriously was a great place to shoot and made my job really easy.

Here are my favorites shot on that type of film (Ilford Delta 3200 pushed to 6400). You can see the whole wedding HERE

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Dude!! You have a blog. I'm freakin' stoked. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! Now I can check out your stuff all the time. Though I admit I check your stuff on instaproofs a lot. You rock!

LOVE these b/w photographs!